Tuesday, December 4, 2012

EyesCold, moving photography

I've been very busy lately but i hope it will be a little calmer in 2013 and so it's been a while since I've updated my blog... but I'm going to be updating with samples from last months shoots in the weeks that come!


the latest months I've also been trying to get away from the technical approach on shooting images and focussing more on the story inside the image, the emotions, the mood, ... Telling a story with one image is a good thing and not really easy but being able to tell it in moving images is something that has opened possibilities.

EyesCold is not really a story in the traditional way and it wasn't meant to be either, it's a celebration of female beauty and elegance, a celebration of light, forms and graphic elements.

I believe every model should have a few of these "moving photography" in her portfolio, it's a modern version of the "polaroids", it makes it a lot easier for a photographer to asses a models natural talent in moving, posing and to see her real beauty.

I also love the fact that i can use "moving lights", something impossible to show in traditional photography...

EyesCold was filmed using the Nikon D800e in HD @ 24 fps and the 85mmG at f:1.4 ~ f:1.8

Model: Nele De Groodt

EyesCold from michelengelen.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment